6 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE A FAMILY PORTRAIT TAKEN
If you have a family, most likely you've done it. You look at your kids and say to yourself, wow, they’re getting so big. Where has the time gone? We should have a family portrait taken before they move out, then the next milestone comes and goes and the next and the next and you still haven’t done it.
Here are six reasons why you should love having your family photos taken by a professional photographer...
1. You will record life’s most precious moments. Families are never the same; they’re always growing and changing. This is one of the reasons why I truly love being a photographer. With many of my clients, I get the privilege of seeing them grow as a family by taking their portraits every year. Don’t take your family’s current stage for granted, as it only takes a few months for your family to change and grow.
2. Family portraits sessions are fun! As a professional photographer, I can understand why some people dread family portraits. Many families only experience portraiture at the mall where everyone is crammed into a really small room with a line of people looking at you through a glass wall and a photographer who looks like they would rather be at the movies. That doesn't sound fun at all. But you’ll be glad to know that family photography sessions don’t need to work that way – at least not my sessions! I love capturing families just being themselves. Inside, outside, at your home or any special location, you call the shots. I take the time to consult with you prior to your session to discuss things like clothing and poses to make sure that your session goes smoothly. All sessions are relaxed and fun with plenty of time allowed to guarantee you get exactly what you want.
3. It’s time to get the whole family in the image.
A lot of family photos are being taken as “selfies” with their smartphones. That’s fine but how many wide angle photos can you take with the camera above your head. Now, try taking a selfie with 8 or more people in the photo. The other option is to have someone take a photo of the entire group but then that person isn't in the photo. If you book a professional session with JefferyLee Photography, you’ll get a high quality image with the entire family in it. Now that’s worth something.
4. Give the gift of smiles and good memories. Nothing can be a more personal and sincere gift than a family portrait. And what better way to convey the joy of the entire family but with professionally done family portraits? Your grandparents will surely appreciate your natural smiles and memories of your warm and candid moments more than a blurry smartphone shot of your family. Your grand kids will also always have the piece of history of who you all are today.
5. Family photos make great home and office decoration. Are your walls looking a little blah? Give your house a pick me up by displaying your family’s portrait on your wall. More so, make your keepsakes last by having a professional photographer produce your portrait, as opposed to printing them out at the local rite-mart. Today everything is digital which is great for Facebook but how many photos do you have on a hard drive somewhere on your computer. Do you even know where they are how to find them? I offer professional high-quality prints which are frame-mounted, canvases, and professionally framed specialty prints which will surely give life to the walls of your home or office for the years to come.
6. Family portraits are an investment. Let’s be honest, professional services will always cost more than amateur. There is a reason for that. You get what you pay for. When you invest in quality portraiture you are investing in something that will be valuable for a lifetime. It has value the second you create it and it will become more valuable every single year guaranteed. At JefferyLee Photography, we offer a variety of different plans for different budgets as well as payment plans. Most of us spend so much on things with little or no value but fail to invest in the things that mean the most. Seriously, in an emergency what would you choose to save, your family portrait or your television?
So don’t make the mistake of thinking family portraits aren't worth spending money on. You won’t make a better investment than one that will serve as a lasting keepsake the entire family can treasure forever; a lot of my families tell me that their family portraits are one of their most treasured possessions. I know my personal family portraits are. Make the time and you will never regret it.